J. Réségotti (Editeur), 1906. In what appears to be crocodile or snake skin covers. The covers have some fading.
The Parisian publishing house of the brother photographers Étienne (1832–1918) and Louis-Antonin Neurdein (1846–1914) was founded in Paris circa 1885 and published postcards marked with an ND logo. However, Étienne already had begun publishing postcards in 1875 under the firm name Neurdein et Cie (founded by Étienne in 1864.) In 1887, both brothers ran the company, which was known as Neurdein Frères and as ND. Phot. beginning in 1906. In 1915, the name became Neurdein, and then again, from 1916 to 1918, Neurdein & Cie. The Neurdein company was the largest French publisher of postcards of the time. By the turn of the century, they were being funded by the French government to produce images and postcards of Algeria in order to promote colonial tourism and stimulate private investment.
Please fill in the information below